Friday, March 10, 2017

Things that annoy me about the NY Yankees

When it comes to the NY Yankees and my displeasure with that organization, you already know how I feel about the pinstripes. They are a model organization with the 27 titles and every year the "moto" is win another.

But even model organizations like the NY Yankees can urk the shit out of you, especially when they continue to stay stuck in their old ways.

Last month I wanted to chime in and get all negative on the Yankees, " the team I like to hate" all because of the Randy Levine and Dellin Betances beef. But instead I held back. But today I get wind of this and I just had to say something on behalf of these corporate clowns.

That is because today the Yankee police has caught up with their OF prospect Clint Frazier and his wild ways. You see the problem is that Clint Frazier is what the Yankee's consider out of bound.

I mean how else can I put it?

It's rather comical but the Yankees are the only team in MLB that let's this sort of minor distraction be an issue. This sorta makes the Yankees feel like a team still stuck in the 50's and out of touch, like they live in bubble.

I felt bad for Dellin Betances who just seems like a really nice guy who has busted his ass ever since making his Yankee debut and has done everything asked of him. A 3 time Yankee all-star.

All Dellin Betance's wanted was some recognition and respect but instead what he got was a little reality, he saw what the Yankees thought of him thanks to these guys who have been part of the regime and organization for way too long.

I think it's time the NY Yankees start to change the furniture.

If I'm Betance's I'm a changed man when it comes to how I look at the Yankees going forward, and it's only natural, hopefully Betances can put things aside and move on and give the Yankees another solid season but if he doesn't, I'm pretty sure this incident will come up a lot.

The Yankees just remind me of the good old days and ways and I don't think most fans like that, and it seems to me that the Yankees don't understand that.

You see fans are like share holders and they don't like it when their own players who have come up from the system, are treated like shit, especially over some BS. 

Hey KID you look like you belong on the Mets.

6 comments:

RN said...

I'm not a big fan of the Yankees rules when it comes to this but at the end of the day you work for them you follow their rules. I think in the next couple of years you'll see a softening in the stance when it comes to facial hair and length of hair. I rather they do it gradually than just flip the switch overnight. You don't want players and fans think that they changed their rules for one guy.
The Betances thing was upsetting, I'm not upset about the arbitration thing. There is a reason why players and teams try to avoid that process what I was upset was Levine making those comments after the Yankees had won. Levine is the same dip shit that said that stuff last year about fans who buy tickets on stubhub not being deserving of sitting in the good seats. He seems like a Trump voter to me.
I know you like to pick on the Yankees but you should look at the Mets. Matt Harvey pitching in spring training game with a stiff neck? Noah being told not to throw as hard and then coming into spring training heavier saying he's going to throw harder? In the Mets world, the inmates run the asylum.

freddie vargas said...

Glad to here your comments...I guess the Yanks will go with the flow and like you said get soft on this matter as the years go by. It's not a good look to go by in today's society and they are just very late to the game when it comes to this matter.

With Betances, my whole beef is with Levine and his comments, also with the Yanks having these guys who have been here for decades, guys like Cashman who you may like but to me it is time for a change or it will just be more of the same.

Yea u can see that this Levine guy is probably a big Trump guy, and to me I don't like to form my team around these kinds of thinkers who don't really know baseball.

I'm not sure where your getting at with Harvey and his stiff neck or Noah coming in heavier? how is bringing this into the conversation relevant to this? But I will say this... I don't expect much from Harvey as far as him being that guy who was once led the staff, you already know how I feel about Harvey, the guy just rubs me the wrong way. For now Harvey can be our 4th man on the rotation and work on getting better.

As for Noah...he is the ace, he is the guy, I have no issues with him, and for now I don't worry about Syndergaard being a little heavier as long as that right arm is 100mph.

RN said...

Cashman? You're nuts bro. Look at what that guy has done...and especially over the last couple of the years. To be able to restock the system and remain competitive? That shit is unheard of. Not that I agree with every move they've made and really some of the bad ones (Ellsbury for one, resigning Alex another ) from what I've read and heard wasn't on him. Same thing with Girardi, for the most part I have no problem with him. Is he perfect? No, but who is but overall he's a pretty good manager.

freddie vargas said...

I give credit to what Cashman is doing today but boy did it take a while. Just saying Cashman was kinda late to the party.

RN said...

When was Cashman given more control of the team? It wasn't that long ago.

freddie vargas said...


My point is that Cashman has been part of the organization for a very long time, since 1986, and in 1992 he became the assistance GM, and in 1998 he became the GM.

Cashman is about to enter his 20th season as the GM.

While looking for more information, I wanted to know who was the GM before Cashman and I found out that Bob Watson was the GM, Watson was the GM from 1995 to 1998 becoming the 1st African American GM to win a WS, Watson than resigned in 1998, obviously because of conflicts with the organization and that is when Cashman took over. I also found out that Cashman was considering leaving the Yanks in 2005 because of conflicts between him and management but in that same year, Cashman stayed on getting more authority, more $, and control of the decision making.

IMO Brian Cashman has had some time and opportunity than any other GM I can think of, I know he has no easy job when dealing with the Yanks but time is time and he has plenty of it, but over the last 2 years things have been different. I give credit to Cashman for what he has been done over the last 2 years.