Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A season at a lost.

I know it's been a while since I last posted but what can I say? The season has come off the rails for my Mets and I needed a couple of weeks off to get away from all the mess.

It was a much needed break because when the season began this was not what I had expected from the Mets, most had penciled in the Mets to be one of the 10 teams to be making a run at the playoffs, but as the injuries mounted, the once promising season took a quick turn for the worst and now everything seems bleak as the Mets look more like a team that is rebuilding.

The Mets are just awful right now and in a way I had bailed out on the 2017 season, it was just hard for me to see the Mets become unwatchable in the sort of way that the Knicks have, but I knew I be back for more because baseball is too long of a season to completely bailout on so here I am again trying to be optimistic in a season that looks completely lost.

Right now I just wait for better days because I'm not going to stomach too much of what I saw this past Sunday when Met's starter Tommy Milone gave up 5 runs in the 1st inning, as I once again I had to change the channel and tune out.

This was suppose to be the year that the Mets staff came together but those expectations have fallen short. I understand it is only May but the Mets team ERA sit at 5.14 and that is last in all of baseball and that's all you need to know about the state of the Mets.

There is still over 100 games to go so the Mets still have time too turn things around, I'm just scared that this might be one of those seasons where the baseball GODS are just not on the Mets side.

On the other side of town the Yankees who were supposed to be rebuilding, have continued to be a surprise while the Mets who were supposed to be the team to go places has struggled to win games.

Yea this season has turned ugly and I don't know if the Mets have what it takes but too many games remain to be played, so play ball and Lets go Mets!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, things have not gone as planned for the Mets this season, one injury after another. Is it me or does this seem to happen pretty much every season? Just read this morning that the Mets had to shut down Cespedes again so things are really not looking good for the team from Queens. Meanwhile in the Bronx, the Yankees quietly keep doing their thing. The next 13 games will be big as they face AL East opponents so it should be a good litmus test for them. Looking forward to it.

freddie vargas said...

I been following this team since 2005 and it every year with the injuries, Cespedes now has a setbac, I'm waiting for when they call up Rosario, so far this season has turned into a rebuild with all the injuries. Happy that Conforto has regain himself from last season but again I'm looking at this season as a lost one and more a rebuild.

Yea can't say much about the Yankees cause I haven't really been watching but I seen all the highlights and stats, Judge has really been a nice story, he's doing what Gary Sanchez did last season. So far so good, lets see if they can keep it up in the next 13 games.

Unknown said...

Now Mr. Met is involved in a controversy?!?! It never ends with the Mets. What kind of clown organization are you rooting for?

freddie vargas said...

And this is news, a regular guy in a mascot outfit get in some BS trouble, The NY Mets, always the end of jokes, nothing here, it comes with the territory.

Unknown said...

It comes with what territory? Of being the Mets? It's ALWAYS the Mets, never fails.

freddie vargas said...

What's the big deal? we're talking about a freaking mascot, it's a regular guy in a costume, I'm guessing 80% of ML teams don't even have a mascot.

My point is pick on the Mets.